Telecommunication & Networking True OR False
1. Data can be transmitted along a communication channel either in serial or in parallel mode.
2. To transfer data over long distances, parallel transmission is preferable to serial transmission.
3. Packet switching can use the transmission capacity of a network to the maximum extent.
4. In packet switching, transmission cost is by message or route or distance but not by packet.
5. In LAN, communication channels are generally privately owned.
6. PC MCIA modems are used with portable computers.
7. Protocol conversion can be accomplished via, hardware, software or a combination of hardware and software.
8. Routers are similar to bridges but have the added advantage of supplying the user with network management utilities.
9. In ring network, links are bidirectional.
10. Every device connected to LAN requires a LAN card.
11. Network cables and NIC cards need not match.
12. Data is more secure in fiber optic networks.
13. Gateways are used to link LANs of different topologies e.g., Ethernet and token ring so as to enable the exchange of data.
14. MODEM provides connection between server and workstation.
15. Two dissimilar devices in a network can communicate with each other using bridges.
Fore more True Or False Download file after login