The Environment (Protection) act
1. Short title, extent and commencement
3. Power of Central Government to take measures to protect and improve
4. Appointment of officers and their powers and functions.
5. Power to give directions.
6. Rules to regulate environmental pollution.
Prevention, Control and Abatement of Environmental Pollution
7. Persons carrying on industry, operation, etc. not to allow emission or
discharge of environmental pollutants in excess of the standards.
8. Persons handling hazardous substances to comply with procedural
9. Furnishing of information to authorities and agencies in certain cases. 10. Power of entry and inspection.
11. Power to take sample and procedure to be followed in connection therewith.
12. Environmental Laboratories.
13. Government analysts.
14. Reports of Government analysts.
15. Penalty for contravention of the provisions of the act and the rules, orders
16. Offences by companies.
17. Offences by Government Departments.
18. Protection of action taken in good faith.
19. Cognizance of offences.
20. Information, Reports or Returns.
21. Members, Officers and Employees of the authority constituted under section
3 to be public servants
22. Bar of Jurisdiction.
23. Power to delegate.
24. Effect of other laws.
25. Power to make rules.