Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers. It is a critical business function for attracting customers.
In short we can say,
“It is an art of creating and meeting needs profitably”
> Creating a Needs: Consumer has not think about.
Example: Dish TV, Washing Machine
> Meeting Needs: Meet the demands of consumers
Example: Instant Cook, Nano Car
>The one which solve the problem is known as meeting the needs
>The One which provide Facilitating services is known as creating the needs.
What do marketers market?
1) Product: Any product like Soap etc
2) Services: Any service like Saloon Services
3) Information: Google, Wikipedia etc
5) Events: Event manager organize any event like Film fare award
6) Property: real estate
7) Place: Gujarat tourism
8 ) Personality: celebrity
> There are 5 marketing Concepts as follow:
1) The Production Concept:It hold that consumer will prefer those product that are widely available and in expensive that is consumer and quality is ignored.
2)The Product Concept: It hold that consumer will prefer that product that offer most quality ,performance and innovative features.It mean "Love the product, but not customers" and this is know as marketing myopia
3) Selling Concept: It hold that consumer and business if left alone then consumer will ordinary will not buy enough the organization product.Thus organization must therefore organizational must take aggressive selling and promotional efforts.
4) The Marketing concept: It hold that first ask to the customer what they need, then make the product and then sale the product to the consumer.At last again ask to the consumers that is ASk-make-sell-Ask.
5) Societal Marketing:Social marketing is the systematic application of marketing, along with other concepts and techniques, to achieve specific behavioral goals for a social good.
6)Holistic Marketing:The holistic marketing concept looks at marketing as a complex activity and acknowledges that everything matters in marketing - and that a broad and integrated perspective is necessary in developing, designing and implementing marketing programs and activities
Difference between Selling and marketing Concept:
a) Selling concept fulfilled the needs of sellers where as the marketing concept fulfilled the needs of buyers
b) Selling concept focused on cash where as marketing concept focused on Satisfaction
c) Selling concept focused on Product where as Marketing concept focused on Customers
d) Selling concept start from factory where as marketing concept start from customers
e)Selling concept use selling and promotions as a means of selling where as marketing concept use Integrated marketing as a means of selling
f) Selling concept ends with profit where as Marketing concept ends with customers satisfaction