Techshristi's Forum

Poll

Do you Finding this Post useful for the Campus Placement?

Author Topic: CMA Campus Placement 2018  (Read 23823 times)

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
Re: CMA Campus Placement 2018
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »
What are the benefits for those students:
1) Who cleared CMA with Rank
2) Who cleared CMA in 1st attempt.

Is it that they get easily shortlisted in Campus placement or they have any other benefits like better package or such things.

Does the package offered depend upon the Interview performance or academic performance.
Does the academic performance benefits the students in grabbing good package?

I am so eager to know about this as I couldn't clear in first attempt nor secure a rank but scored more than a 25th Ranker.It is just one paper that ruined everything. I am one of those victims who suffered in the hands of ICMAI.

Is Rank important or clearing in first attempt important? Because there are students who took more than 3 attempts to clear CMA but secured Rank in their final attempt.

Kindly answer these queries

Thank You.

1. They get easily shortlisted for the Interview.
2. A Standard Package is offered to all students who cracked job in the campus. Of Course, the salary package differs from company to company but it is same for all candidates who joined the same company.
3.No, academic performance is only required to get shortlisted for the interview. But it will not help you to get the job.
4. According to me attempt is more important not rank.

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 11:36:40 PM »
It seems that we don't have a clear understanding on the Number of Attempts and Job Experience. So, I had explained the same below. Correct me if i am wrong at any place.

Number of Attempts
The Number of attempts plays an important role in getting shortlisted for the interview. Once shortlisted, it is of no use for getting the selected for the job. This is how it works

More than 200 students apply for the Campus Placement. It is not possible to take the interview of all the students. Therefore, they are shortlisted first based on some criteria like Number of Attempts, Location, Minimum Marks etc.

These data is already available to the companies in excel file. They just need to filter the data and shortlist the students based on their criteria.

Now since they don't have any base to shortlist the students. What they do simply is shortlist the students who cleared the CMA in first attempts. Here the number of attempts play an important role.

Please Note, by Number of Attempts means how many times who had appeared for the CMA exam. No matter whether you appeared for one subject or all the subject, it will be calculated as attempts if a roll number is allocated to you.

SO FIRST ATTEMPTS IS IMPORTANT TO GET SHORTLISTED IN THE CAMPUS.

Job Experience

I always suggest not to disclose the job experience in the resume. This is because once you show the experience in your resume the expectation of the recruiters will get increased and  out of syllabus questions will be asked to you.

We all know if a person with 1 years of experience is paid a salary of 10 lakhs then a person with 5 years experience should be paid with a salary of 20 lakhs. This is not possible in Campus Placement. In campus placement the upper cap of the salary is already fixed and pre determined. This salary is paid to all the students irrespective of the salary.

Yes you heard correctly. A fresher and 2 years experience candidate will get the same salary in the campus. So if you show experience in your resume then there are the chances that companies does not shortlist you because you are over qualified.

Similar logic is also applicable to the additional degree like CA and CS.  If you are Qualified CA also then they will not hire you because you are over qualified for the post. If you are in CA final then also they will not hire you because they assume once you clear the CA exam you will left the company for better opportunities.

Remember, companies coming to campus wants to hire Fresher CMA not Experienced CA or CS. For CA and CS they have a separate campus placement. I know being a fresher you will be agree to work at any place and profile but the recruiter are not aware of this fact. They will not hire you because you are CA not CMA.

Hope it is clear now. If you still confused then feel free to reply to this message.

Offline Kannaya

• Others
  • Education: CMA Completed
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
It seems that we don't have a clear understanding on the Number of Attempts and Job Experience. So, I had explained the same below. Correct me if i am wrong at any place.

Number of Attempts
The Number of attempts plays an important role in getting shortlisted for the interview. Once shortlisted, it is of no use for getting the selected for the job. This is how it works

More than 200 students apply for the Campus Placement. It is not possible to take the interview of all the students. Therefore, they are shortlisted first based on some criteria like Number of Attempts, Location, Minimum Marks etc.

These data is already available to the companies in excel file. They just need to filter the data and shortlist the students based on their criteria.

Now since they don't have any base to shortlist the students. What they do simply is shortlist the students who cleared the CMA in first attempts. Here the number of attempts play an important role.

Please Note, by Number of Attempts means how many times who had appeared for the CMA exam. No matter whether you appeared for one subject or all the subject, it will be calculated as attempts if a roll number is allocated to you.

SO FIRST ATTEMPTS IS IMPORTANT TO GET SHORTLISTED IN THE CAMPUS.

Job Experience

I always suggest not to disclose the job experience in the resume. This is because once you show the experience in your resume the expectation of the recruiters will get increased and  out of syllabus questions will be asked to you.

We all know if a person with 1 years of experience is paid a salary of 10 lakhs then a person with 5 years experience should be paid with a salary of 20 lakhs. This is not possible in Campus Placement. In campus placement the upper cap of the salary is already fixed and pre determined. This salary is paid to all the students irrespective of the salary.

Yes you heard correctly. A fresher and 2 years experience candidate will get the same salary in the campus. So if you show experience in your resume then there are the chances that companies does not shortlist you because you are over qualified.

Similar logic is also applicable to the additional degree like CA and CS.  If you are Qualified CA also then they will not hire you because you are over qualified for the post. If you are in CA final then also they will not hire you because they assume once you clear the CA exam you will left the company for better opportunities.

Remember, companies coming to campus wants to hire Fresher CMA not Experienced CA or CS. For CA and CS they have a separate campus placement. I know being a fresher you will be agree to work at any place and profile but the recruiter are not aware of this fact. They will not hire you because you are CA not CMA.

Hope it is clear now. If you still confused then feel free to reply to this message.

But, if Big companies like ITC/HUL shortlist only the 1st attempt cleared students, then it shows that the top packages will only belong to such students and not to others even if others have better knowledge and perform better than the 1st attempt students in the Interview.

Such filtering affects both the students and the companies(not as much affect as on the students though).

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 12:40:08 AM »

Please find my remarks in RED

Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai.

Which place is better to opt for. I read your view on selecting place on regional basis.
But apart from that in what way can we select the location.
My answer will still remain same. I will suggest to stick to your regional council only. But if you still want to know what are the ways to select the location then you can select the location based on two factor say
a) Estimated Number of Companies coming to Campus
b) Estimated Level of Competition

I made a small analysis, please go through it:
2012 Syllabus - 32 Rankers from South India
2016 Syllabus - 40 Rankers from South India

This clearly shows that majority of the rank holders are from South India, especially Guntur and Vijayawada.
I think most of these students will get shortlisted by bigger companies.
So there is very less chance for others to get short listed by big Companies like ITC/HUL.

You are right. Most of the ranker are from South India, especially Guntur and Vijaywada. But this does not mean they will selected by the company.
They are only shortlisted from elimination round not selected for the job. No one would like to select the candidates with poor communication skills.

I am a South Indian but non ranker and 2nd attempt qualified with 54% marks. I doubt that I may not get shortlisted by big companies in Chennai Location.
So what best suits me here?
Definitely not Delhi. I damn know that my communication skills no where matches to what the students of Delhi posses.
So is it Kolkata or Mumbai?

As i told earlier, Number of attempts or Ranks play an important role in the shortlisting only. So, if you are worried about selection then you are on wrong track. Select that location where you easily get shortlisted. Once shortlisted, its all depends on your performance.

I sought of can manage written English, but lack in verbal Communication though can manage.
So, all in all what I can say is that I am an average English speaking student.
I somewhere read in your replies relating to 2017 Campus Placement stating that Mumbai students lag a tad behind in communication skills. So is it better for me to opt for Mumbai.

This is my understanding. Since I am from Gujarat, WIRC. I know what is my strengths and weakness? That is why I had mentioned that Students from Mumbai are laying behind in communication skills.

And, How did you forgot that the students of WIRC are by born intelligent?

What about Kolkata? Read nothing about it anywhere.
Can you please summarize the merits & demerits of each location considering my above Analysis.

Sorry , but I don't have any idea about Kolkatta. Further, about your analysis. I consider the ranker as an normal students only. This is because in 2014, no ranker were selected from WIRC and instead I got selected by them. Yes, I am not a ranker.

Is it true that the job location mostly can be the place of Interview location?
Yes in most of the cases

I request you to kindly answer my queries.

Thank You.

Are there chances that one company conducts interviews at more than one location?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:35:44 PM by TechShristi »

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 01:02:27 AM »
I just learnt that Companies shortlist students based on the No.of attempts i.e they calculate the time gap between Foundation and Final or Inter and Final(in case of direct entry).

This is just an assumption. Why I am saying this because different person has different way to analysis the data. If some one ask me how do you come to known whether the candidate had completed CMA in first attempt or not?
Then, I will simply say see he/she started foundation in 2011 and finished in 2015. Over all he took 4 years to complete CMA so it is obvious he/she has completed CMA in first attempt.

I guess the companies will get this data from the Campus placement form filled by the students.
So does that mean the Resume we upload doesn't carry great value in getting us shortlisted? at least for the Big companies if not for the smaller/Pvt ones.

Yes .Exactly. It does not carry any value for getting shortlisted. But once shortlisted and clearing three to four round of the Interview, it will carry a great value in getting selected. This is because the I remember in 2014, in final round of ITC Limited there were only 18 students there. So it is practical possible to analysis the resume properly.

Before going through your replies, I was in the impression that the Companies(including Big Companies) will go through the students Resume and will shortlist the students based on the resume.

Do you think a company will refer each and every resume, prepare the excel file and then shortlist the students? If yes then they will take 2 months to shortlist the students. And, What is use of filling the online form for the campus placement?

With this in mind I spent a week in preparing a Resume which according to me might catch the eyes of the Recruiter.
Don't worry, your hard work will pay you in the last round of the Interview. But do not waste too much time on it. No one see the resume of a fresher.

Whats your take on this? Am I interpreting too deep into the recruiters shortlisting process?
Its just that I want to land in Big Companies. I have the knowledge, manageable communication skills, technical skills etc, but if I don't get shortlisted by big companies, its then not much of use to me other than gaining a positive approach to the happenings.
Don't worry, if you do not get selected in the campus then there you will get the another chance soon. Your data is valid for one year. Whenever there will be a vacancy in the company, you will be called for the interview. I got a call from Tata Automobiles, a day before joining my company and 2 months after the completion of the campus.

Kindly advice me accordingly.

Thank You
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:51:28 PM by TechShristi »

Offline Agr manohar

• Others
  • Education: Cma completed
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
Will the attempt in old syllabus accumulated for counting number if attempts

Offline Agr manohar

• Others
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »
I have 6 attempts in 2012 syllabus for group 3 and 1 attempt in 2016 syllabus please suggest number of attempts

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
I have 6 attempts in 2012 syllabus for group 3 and 1 attempt in 2016 syllabus please suggest number of attempts

Yes attempts under both the Syllabus will be counted. What the companies see is the time taken for completion of CMA course i.e
1) From Foundation to Final completion.
2) From Inter to Final Completion (in case of Direct entry into Inter through Degree)

So the number of attempts taken to clear CMA inter also counts for the companies.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »
Hello Friends

Happy Holi to all...

I hope all the queries are resolved now and you have started preparing for the Campus. If you have not started yet then please start it now. You will not get the job by just clearing the doubt, you need to prepare for it like an exam.

So please start preparing now.
All the Best.........

Offline Agr manohar

• Others
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
Happy holi sir. I have started my preparation do we have  any written test for the placement ?

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18