Techshristi's Forum

Poll

Do you Finding this Post useful for the Campus Placement?

Author Topic: CMA Campus Placement 2018  (Read 19489 times)

Offline CMA PAVANI ELLURU

• Others
  • Education: Cs
Re: CMA Campus Placement 2018
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
I recently qualified in Dec 2017., I would like to know that
1) am/can I able to change the resume or CV already uploaded for campus placements
2) how to prepare  cv ( if possible pls give us some example of cv )

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »
Tqq sir for ur advise will prepare in the way u suggested.may we please know the compsnies which will be coming to campus?

It is not possible to get the list of companies coming to campus beforehand. Once you upload the resume on the website, the data is forwarded to the companies and then 'Name of the Companies' is disclosed along with the list of shortlisted students. So the data will be available only after uploading the resume and 20 days before the campus.

There is one more reason for not disclosing the name of the companies coming to campus. This is because if they disclose the name of the companies before hand then there will be no fair selection of location for campus. Everyone will select the place where more companies are coming to campus

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
No.

No such option is available to anyone including me. There is a long story behind attending the campus at Chennai.
I still remember the day. 10 days before the WIRC campus and 2 days before the SIRC campus, at around 11 AM, I was working on my computer and got email form the Institute, inviting for the campus of Neyveli Lignite at Chennai.

I immediately called the Western Regional Council and informed them about the email received from the Institute.

They told me that Neyveli Lignite is PSU companies and they are eligible to shortlist the students from all over India. They also told me that if i go to chennai then i will only allowed to attend the interview of Neyveli Lignite. For rest, i will be not allowed to attend the interview.

Since only 2 days were left for the SIRC campus, I had a arguments with them, but nothing happened. Then I immediately booked the ticket in tatkal and went to chennai for the interivew.

Chennai was the turning point in my life. In the interview, i did not answered a single answer but i learned so many things from their. Once back from Chennai, I worked hard and strengths my weakness.

This is Why I had attended Interview at two place. I think this is not applicable now. But if it is PSU company then there are the chances that you can get shortlisted for any place for the campus.

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 05:34:10 PM »
can you share what was placement location offered by neyvile to u in chennai. psu locations are very bad i guess although there job profiles are better

Yes you are right. It was Pondicherry.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
I recently qualified in Dec 2017., I would like to know that
1) am/can I able to change the resume or CV already uploaded for campus placements
2) how to prepare  cv ( if possible pls give us some example of cv )

1. No once uploaded you can't change it.
2. You will find the sample for you resume at below link. Please note, I request you to please refer the first post of this topic before preparing resume for your campus. The first post have many critical information regarding resume for the campus interview.
https://www.techshristi.com/placement/resume-sample/

You will find my resume attached to this post. ( resume uploaded on Institute Website)

Offline Kannaya

• Others
  • Education: CMA Completed
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »
It will counted as 2nd attempt.

Only if you have not appeared in all the subjects then such attempt will not be considered.
But since you have appeared in one paper(Paper-13), be it any paper, it will be counted as an attempt.
So to brief the matter, you are said to have completed CMA in your second attempt.
Any way do not worry about it. There is no problem in getting shortlisted for the Campus placement for those who cleared CMA in their second attempt. It is just for those who took more than 3 attempts it gets difficult to get shortlisted.

Congratulations for your success in examination and All the best for the Campus Interview.

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
I entered CMA under direct entry scheme after clearing Graduation(B.Com) and registered for CMA Inter in 2013, however due to certain circumstances I couldn't give any attempt until June 2016 which was my first attempt.

Cleared CMA inter in first attempt then wrote CMA Final in June 2017, cleared Group IV but failed to clear Group III just because of DT. I missed rank and as well as clearing CMA in first attempt. Later in my second attempt i.e. Dec 2017 I easily cleared group III and completed CMA final with 6 exemptions.

What are my chances of getting selected for the Campus Placement? On an Avg I secured 54% in total (Inter+Final).

Thank You.

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:05 PM »
Hello,

During the period May 2015 to Nov 2016 i.e for 1.5 years i worked in a manufacturing company on temporary basis, I wasn't given any salary but was given minimal stipend in cash.
I mentioned this in Practical Training Forms and availed exemption from Practical Training by paying the fee.

Now should I mention this as Experience in resume and when filling Online Campus placement form?
or should i apply as a fresher.

Kindly  suggest me.
Thank You

Offline Kannaya

• Others
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 10:16:03 PM »
What are the benefits for those students:
1) Who cleared CMA with Rank
2) Who cleared CMA in 1st attempt.

Is it that they get easily shortlisted in Campus placement or they have any other benefits like better package or such things.

Does the package offered depend upon the Interview performance or academic performance.
Does the academic performance benefits the students in grabbing good package?

I am so eager to know about this as I couldn't clear in first attempt nor secure a rank but scored more than a 25th Ranker.It is just one paper that ruined everything. I am one of those victims who suffered in the hands of ICMAI.

Is Rank important or clearing in first attempt important? Because there are students who took more than 3 attempts to clear CMA but secured Rank in their final attempt.

Kindly answer these queries

Thank You.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
Dear Kannaya

Please find answer to your all queries below

1. Yes you are right. There will be no problem in getting shortlisted if you cleared the CMA in second attempt. But it is also a fact that many companies like ITC, HUL prefer first attempt candidates only.
2. Except few companies you will easily get shortlisted by the remaining companies. So, don't worry, still there is chance to crack job in the campus.
3. I think you should mentioned this in the resume. But ensure you mentioned it as your training not job. This is because of the following reason

a) Company can't afford a person with 1.5 years experience at a fresher salary.
b) If you mentioned it as your job then the level of difficulty will increase the expectation of the recruiter will increased.

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18