Techshristi's Forum

Poll

Do you Finding this Post useful for the Campus Placement?

Author Topic: CMA Campus Placement 2018  (Read 16675 times)

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
CMA Campus Placement 2018
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
Hi Friends,

First of all, a heartily congratulation to all students who cleared CMA (Cost & Management Accountants) exam this time. Welcome to the CMA family. We wish you a bright future ahead. Remember, the future is bright and beautiful. Love it, strive for it and work for it!.

But for a bright future, it is very important that you get a good job placement. If you've a good job then you'll definitely have a bright and good future.

But how to get a good job?

Begin a fresher, it is very difficult to get a good job. But don't worry. Institute of Cost Accountants of India provide an opportunity to all students through Campus Placement. Campus Placement is the place where you can cracked a good job easily. Yes, no experience will be required to get a job in campus.

So, now it's a time to prepare for the Campus Placement. Like previous years, even this time we are creating a common post for the Campus Preparation.

But before starting with the same, let me introduce my self first.

Hi, My Name is Kaustubh Patel. I have done BBA,MBA (Finance) and ICWA. I cleared my ICWA in December 2013. In Campus Placement, I got selected by the an FMCG company with the highest package of the year 2014.

No, I am not a ranker and even don't have any experience at the time of campus. So, if you're are thinking that Experience and good academic records is mandatory to get such job then you're wrong. Campus Placement is for all the students to start their career.

You will find the previous Common Post for Campus Placement at below link
Campus Placement 2013
Campus Placement 2014
Campus Placement 2015
Campus Placement June 2016
Campus Placement December 2016
Campus Placement June 2017

Trust me, it is very easy to cracked a job in the campus placement. If you're prepared well then no can stop you from getting job in the campus.

I am creating this common post for all the students who are preparing for the campus placement. Please creates an account on this website and subscribe to this post to receive notification on updates. You can subscribe to this post by pressing the 'Notify' button on the top right side of the screen. ( will be appear to logged member only)

Before starting the post, we would also like to inform you that the success of this post depends on you. I will be only mediator. You guys needs to participate and prepare for the campus. I will be there if you face any problem in preparing or needs any guidance.

I had also observed that for the first few days students are very active on the post, but after few days then start ignoring this post. In the enthusiasm of  clearing the CMA then forget to prepare for the campus. Remember, without preparing for the campus, you will not able to cracked job in the campus.

So, CMA is yet not over. You still needs to dedicated your full time for next 2 months. So, please do not waste your time in celebrating your success. Instead start preparing for the campus. Only One month to go for the Campus.

All the Best

Techshristi's Forum

CMA Campus Placement 2018
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »

Offline Agr manohar

• Others
  • Education: Cma completed
Re: CMA Campus Placement 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:13:00 PM »
Hi my name is manohar.i have completed my cma this december 2017. I have completed my cma inter in single attempt(both groups) in 2013. And completed my cma group 4 in 2nd attempt but took 7 attempts gor 3rd group.i have experience in transmission corporation of andhra pradesh limited of 1.5 yrs. May i please know my chances of getting placed in campus and the topics i have to prepare as it is necessary for me to get placed

phani

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »
Hi,

I cleared my CMA final both groups in my 2nd attempt, regarding the count of attempts i had a doubt.
In my first attempt, I just attended for Paper-13 and left over remaining exams, will that be count as 1 attempt.

and please guide me on the place to choose for campus placements among 4 cities.

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
Many of you will be confused and wondering how to start preparing for the campus placement? If yes then please refer the below FAQs section. It has answer to your all queries.

1. How to start preparing for the Campus?

By revising the entire syllabus of CMA. Yes, questions will be asked out of your syllabus only.

I know it is very difficult (almost impossible) to revise the entire syllabus but remember you don't have to go in details, recruiter will only expect basic and important points from you. Further, you don't required to revised all the subjects. Prepare for only important subjects like Accounts, Management, taxation and Costing. Some of the important technical questions asked in the campus are

a) Accounting Standards
b) Cost Accounting Standards
c) Costing and Accounting concepts like What is Cost Objects, Book Keeping etc.

2. What is the most important factor for cracking job in the campus?

Assuming you answered all question correctly, according to me, the 'Communication Skills' is the most important factor in the campus.

Why I am saying this?

Today, I am taking interview of many fresher students and at the time of taking interview, I always expect two things. First, the candidate should possess the basic Accounting and Taxation Knowledge. Second, he/she should be confident enough to handle any pressured situation.

As a interviewer, we known it is not possible for you to remember the entire syllabus. Even we (the interviewer) don't remember it. It has been four years now, I had c CMA and today I only remembered the basic concepts of Accounting and Taxation, rest I don't remember it.

3. What is the importance of Resume/CV in the Campus Placement?

Resume/CV play an important role in the campus placement. Every year around 200 students apply for the campus. Out of these 200 students only few students are shortlisted for the personal interview. This shortlisting is done based on your uploaded resume. So, at campus placement, your resume is the document which decide your future.

Let us understand this with an real example.

a) Based on your resume, the recruiter will identify the number of attempts you had taken to clear the exam. They simply calculate the difference between your Foundation and Final Exam.

b) Based on your resume the recruiter will identify the students doing CA or CS along with MBA. They will not recruit the students who are in the final year of the CA or CS. This is because they known once you will finshed the CA or CS you will hunt for the better job. So, if you are doing CA,CS or any other degree then do not show the same in your resume.

You known there are the companies who pay different salary to CA and CMA qualified persons. So, when a company come to CMA campus they don't hire a student who already cleared the CA exam.

This rule is only applicable to those degree which are superior to CMA. I mean if you had done MBA with CMA then you can show the same in your resume. This is because MBA degree will not help you to get salary more than CMA.

c) If you are already doing a job at a salary of 10 lakhs pa then there are the chances that you will not get shortlisted by the companies. This is because companies can't afford you. In campus, experience does not play any role. Though you have the experience of 5 years you will get the same salary which will be paid to the students with Zero experience.

So, it is very important that you double check the resume before uploading the same on the Institute website.

Now your turn. If you have any question in your mind, feel free to ask in the post. We will try our best to help you.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:14:14 PM »
Hi,

I cleared my CMA final both groups in my 2nd attempt, regarding the count of attempts i had a doubt.
In my first attempt, I just attended for Paper-13 and left over remaining exams, will that be count as 1 attempt.
and please guide me on the place to choose for campus placements among 4 cities.

Yes, it will be calculated as attempt.  As i told earlier in my previous post, the recruiter will simply calculate the difference between your first and last exam. If it is beyond 3 to 4 years then it means you had not cleared the exam in first attempt. It may also happen that due to this you may not get shortlisted by the companies who preferred students with first attempt.

Now coming back to your second question.

I will always suggest a defensive approach while selecting a place for campus. For example, If you are from WIRC then select Mumbai as your location. Similarly, if your are NIRC then select Delhi as your campus location. This is because, your culture plays an important role in your selection.

In 2014, I had attended two campus, one at Mumbai and another at Chennai for Neyveli Lignite. This is what i had observed at both place.

At SIRC, most of the students were ranker from Vijayawada.There academic performance were far better than me. Further, the were so orthodox to their language that they do not prefer to speak in Hindi also.

Students who got selected in the campus are generally placed in the South India.

At WIRC, i had observed that students were average in the academics and very poor in the communication skills. Generally, IT companies select such type of students. Corporate company do not hire such students because of lack of communication.

So, it is better that you stick to your region only. 

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:58 PM »
Attaching Important Key Term and Glossary for the Interview.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 11:55:44 PM »
Hi my name is manohar.i have completed my cma this december 2017. I have completed my cma inter in single attempt(both groups) in 2013. And completed my cma group 4 in 2nd attempt but took 7 attempts gor 3rd group.i have experience in transmission corporation of andhra pradesh limited of 1.5 yrs. May i please know my chances of getting placed in campus and the topics i have to prepare as it is necessary for me to get placed

There is very low chances that you may get selected in the campus. This is because of below two reasons

1. Number of Attempts: Generally companies prefer only those students who cleared CMA in first attempt.
2. 1.5 Year of Experience: Campus placement is for the fresher not for the experienced person. If a company wants to hire experienced candidate then they will never campus. Campus is not the right place for recruiting experienced person.

Further, a company can't afford your salary. This is because all the candidates are paid standard salary at campus irrespective of their experience.

Now coming to your second question. I had already answered this question below. Request you to please refer the below post completely to known how to start preparing for the campus?

Offline Agr manohar

• Others
  • Education: Cma completed
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:15 AM »
Tqq sir for ur advise will prepare in the way u suggested.may we please know the compsnies which will be coming to campus?

Offline BHAVEN

• Others
  • Education: cma
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »
can you share what was placement location offered by neyvile to u in chennai. psu locations are very bad i guess although there job profiles are better

Offline phanicma

• Others
  • Education: cma
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
Thanks for your reply sir, as you said, that you had attended for mumbai and chennai campus interview.

do we have option to attend campus interview at more than one location?

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18