Techshristi's Forum

Author Topic: CMA 2013 Placement Prepration  (Read 24093 times)

Offline Mr. Patel

• Behind Every Sucessful Business Decision there is always a CMA!
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.techshristi.com/
  • Education: BBA,MBA,CMA
Re: CMA 2013 Placement Prepration
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:51 AM »
Hello Friends

I am MBA and CMA Fresher..!!!

My Parents insists me to search for the Job instead of waiting for the campus. Where as i m planning to prepare well for the CMA placement and appear for the job.

MY Logic: Since only one month is left let prepare for the campus, even searching for job will take one month
Parents Logic: As usual Government job.

So if there is any Job vacancy for CMA and MBA then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:51 AM »

Offline Mr. Patel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
@pramodicwai:

The data your provided is with reference to number of the students enrolled. This include the students cleared the exam in more than one attempt.
Whereas organization generally private company are more particular in selecting the students with first attempt.

It would be better if we get the data with reference to the shortlisted students.How many students are got placed after getting shortlisted based on attempt criteria.

For example: IN June 2010, out of 1224 if only 200 students have cleared the CMA in first attempt then in my opinion they are the students who are really eligible for the placement.

yes of course, Institute entertain the fresh out students but specially it entertain the students who did not pass the CMA in first attempt. Students cleared the exam in more than one attempt are shortlisted for one organization or even did not get shortlisted at all.

Anyway, lets check out the placement for this term.
Hope for the Best and All the Best to all.....

-- Kaustubh Patel

Offline pramodicwai

• Others
  • Education: ICWAI
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
@Kaustubh,

While I can visualise your anxiety to run up the 'interview' que, let me respond and close this blog (for me).  I actually wanted to reach out to a bigger audience (to help address the 'interview' issue.... if there were any other anxious souls).  I have not seen any other contributions on this blog, so I suppose.... it was just you n me.

1.  You been with the Institute for 3 years now, and know the 'transparency' they permit.  I don't think the data I have furnished (thro' RTI) is accessible to any larger audience (or even the Institute's management / council) as-on-date.  If it is, then I have not heard of it.  So, whatever I have is the best that I could offer.  I have run many RTIs with the Institute over last 2 years (plus the appeals) and have no reason to stretch it further (and have them pissed off with me).  You may seek the data that you want from the Institute (in the format that you may like) and then share with other students.  I would love to do more analysis.... if only I had access to the raw data.

2.  I personally don't think, the number of ATTEMPTS was ANY MEASURE of the TALENT of the student or his EMPLOY-ABILITY.  Nonetheless, many employers use that as ONLY a FILTER before the Interviews.  But, I don't think the fortunate ones (passing in first attempt) should actively kick out the less fortunate ones.... in the employment race.  One should act from the position of one's STRENGTH and not WEAKNESS of OTHERS.  We all know, that with the kind of pass-out percentages.... the Institute grants GRACE marks to many (who were around the borderline).  On the other hand, we all know that... there are many students with extra-ordinary marks in 2-3 out of 4 subjects, but had failed in one odd subject.

3.  In the long run, Kaustubh, all of us will emerge as WINNERS in our own sphere.  Real competition is with ourselves and not outside.  We have to continuously challenge our capabilities, limits of expertise.... and push ourselves to grow (internally).  The external growth (job, money, fame) will automatically follow.  All freshers like you are currently passing through an anxious period.... where, while you don't know what lies in the future.... you would want to HAVE the best.  With your limited Industry exposure, today you will not be able to see what each one of you was missing (but the interviewer will see it).  So, wait!  Do your best BEFORE the interview, and hope for the best.  A few months from now, a few years from now.... you will be laughing at your anxieties of today.  All WILL BE WELL!  My best wishes.  What is important is to have a long-term plan laid out first... and then make sure that the first job that you eventually take..... fits the plan.

Best wishes!
Unless, there were any other participants with any different anxieties... I will like to sign off from this blog.

Pramod
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:00:41 PM by pramodicwai »

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »

Offline Mr. Patel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 12:04:42 PM »
I agree, 800 + views but not a single reply. So Sad... :(

I do not know but may be no one is intrested for the placement. Every one is busy with the Facebook.

Anyway, thanks for your all help, hope some one join us soon or we have to close this thread.

its me..lol  ;D

Have a Nice Day

Offline Mr. Patel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »

Schedule for Campus Placement April- May 2014

S.No. Location Date for campus List of candidates
1 Chennai 4 & 5th April 2014 Click here for list of SIRC candidates
2 Delhi 11 & 12th April 2014 Click here for list of NIRC candidates 
3 Mumbai 26 & 27th April 2014 Click here for list of WIRC candidates 
4 Kolkata 2 & 3rd May 2014 Click here for list of EIRC candidates 
5 Ahmedabad 9 & 10th May 2014 Click here for list of WIRC candidates 
6 Nagpur 9 & 10th May 2014 Click here for list of WIRC candidates 
7. Kochi  26 & 27th April 2014  Click here for list of SIRC candidates 
Jaipur  26 & 27th April 2014  Click here for list of NIRC candidates 
Bhubaneswar  9 & 10th May 2014  Click here for list of EIRC candidates 
10  Vijayawada  9 & 10th May 2014  Click here for list of SIRC candidates 

Note : The list of candidates for various regions is given on the basis of online application form submitted by the December 2013 pass out candidates themselves. No request will be taken for any change of location for the campus placement program.

Offline Mr. Patel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Email send to all Placement register students along with attached word file:

[font=bookman old style][size=14px]
Dear Student,
Greetings!

Congratulations on your qualifying the December 2013 final Examinations of ICAI and becoming CMAs.You are welcome to participate in the Campus Placement Programme being organized by the Institute during April and May 2014 at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Vijayawada and Bhubaneswar. Corporates have already started expressing their eagerness to participate in the Programme. As a value addition and for better performance in the Campus Interview, the Institute plans to organize one day orientation programme in all the locations of campus placement. The dates and porgramme schedule for the orientation programme will be announced at a later date.

The schedule of the campus placement is as under:

Sl No. Location Date for written test/ PPT by companies (If any) Date for Interview
1 Chennai 04.04.2014 05.04.2014
2 Delhi 11.04.2014 12.04.2014
3 Mumbai 26.04.2014 27.04.2014
4 Kolkata 02.05.2014 03.05.2014
5 Ahmedabad 09.05.2014 10.05.2014
6 Nagpur 09.05.2014 10.05.2014
7 Kochi 26.04.2014 27.04.2014
8 Jaipur 26.04.2014 27.04.2014
9 Bhubaneswar 09.05.2014 10.05.2014
10 Vijayawada 09.05.2014 10.05.2014

You are advised to schedule your travel and stay accordingly. Please be advised that you have to make your own arrangement of stay and travel for attending the campus placement programme. Travelling Expenses/DA will not be reimbursed by ICAI for attending the above campus placement programme/ orientation programme. The exact venue and time for the Orientation programme and updates of companies participating in campus placement programme will be hosted at Institute’s website [url=http://www.icmai.in]www.icmai.in[/url].

Also other updates about companies visiting campus and the shortlisted candidates will be hosted in the website on confirmation from the companies. You are advised to visit website [url=http://www.icmai.in]www.icmai.in[/url] regularly.

It is trusted that you are in the habit of reading newspapers, especially Economic Times/ Financial Express etc. If not, you can start reading newspapers on regular basis from now onward.

You are again advised to visit our website [url=http://www.icmai.in]www.icmai.in[/url] frequently as the information about the campus placement would be hosted there.

Best wishes,

DIRECTOR (T&P)
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
CMA Bhawan,
3, Institutional Area
Lodi Raod, New Delhi 110003
E-mail: [email protected]
[url=http://www.icmai.in]www.icmai.in[/url]

Tips for candidates who are appearing for the campus interview programme scheduled Eligibility criteria:

1Should have passed/completed final CWA in December 2013 batch only.

2CV uploaded ICAI website for campus placement by 2nd March, 2014.

3The database of candidates who have uploaded their resumes at Institute website with brief details of candidates participating in the Campus interview is provided to the participating Companies. The final short listing from the database is done by the respective organizations at their sole discretion as per their recruitment policies.

4The shortlisted candidates are called for the interview at the campus Interview venue on the time slots and date specified. Participating companies make the presentation and share the other details relating to their companies to all the candidates at campus venue.

5ICAI does not hold itself liable for any consequences, legal or otherwise, arising out of use of such information by the respective organization. The mode of selection will also be determined by the Organization.

6The short listed students will be informed through email/SMS/Phone as the case may be. The students receiving calls have to appear for the selection process on the prescribed date, time and venue at their own expenses and arrangements. No request for change of venue/time/date will be entertained.

7A candidate will be permitted to appear for interview with four companies only. The moment He /She is offered job by any company (Spot offer/ Oral offer/ offer in the form of list given to the institute), he/she cannot participate in the placement process further. In case of Spot offer/ Oral offer, the candidate has the option to refuse the offer on the spot only.

8A candidate once selected by a Company will not be allowed to sit for further Placements.

9The region wise list of candidates registered for campus placement is hosted in the website. Candidates are permitted to appear for campus placement within their region, subject to 6 & 7 above.

Dress code:

*You are expected to follow a formal dress code (preferably black trousers, light color full hand shirts, a decent tie and black shoes for boys and ethnic dress like suits/sarees for girls)

*You are also expected to present yourself before the selection committee in such a way to enhance the image of the Institute as well of yours.

Documents to be brought :

The candidates have to bring following document while attending campus interview:

1Academic & Professional qualification certificates (all in original).

2Sufficient number of photocopies of relevant documents.

3Sufficient number of resume copies.

4Sufficient number of passport size colour photographs.

5Xth Class Passing certificate as proof of Date of Birth .

6SC/ST/Non Creamy OBC Caste Certificate and PH candidate certificate( if applicable).

7Eligibility of SC/ST/Central Govt. Non Creamy Layer OBC/PH candidates is subject to production of relevant valid certificate issued by competent authority and as per Govt. of India Performa and satisfaction of the company. Those not able to produce such certificate may not be allowed to appear in the selection process.

All the best
[/size][/font]
Please find the attached file for the list of question and some interview funda provided by the insitute
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:21:19 PM by CMA Kaustubh Patel »

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »
S.No. Location Date for Orientation Orientation Programme Venue
1. Chennai 30th March, 2014 (Sunday)
 10.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
 For in and around Chennai based candidates.
 3rd April, 2014 (Thursday)
 10.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
 For Outstation candidates
Programme on “Soft Skills & Interview Techniques” Management Hall', SIRC OF ICAI,
 CMA BHAVAN, No.4, Montieth Lane,
 Egmore, Chennai - 600 008
2. Delhi 11th April 2014 (Friday) Programme on “Soft Skills & Interview Techniques” To be announced shortly
3. Mumbai To be announced shortly Programme on “Soft Skills & Interview Techniques” To be announced shortly
4. Kolkata To be announced shortly Programme on “Soft Skills & Interview Techniques” To be announced shortly

SATYAVOLU SIVA SRAVAN

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
RESPECTED SIR,
                   I am sravan recently qulaLified CMA .First of all I am very thankful for your valuable information regarding Campus Placements and their percentage of job offers.I feel very enraged about the placements percentage of ICAI (cma ) compared to ICAI (ca).
                     I feel of every responsibility with ICAI ( cma ) in ensuring more Job Offers through Campus placements even at some how lower packages as it provides a gateway to our professional career. It might not be a haelthy fruit juice but can be reckoned as an oasis in the desert after continuous struggle of 3 or 4 years to qualify this Professional course.
                      Once again great regards for your information and hope The ICAI (cma) ensures increase in job offers through campus placements.
                                                                                                                                             This is Sravan Signing off......
                                                                                                                                              Grad . CMA....

Offline upvncma

• Others
  • Education: cma
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »
thanks for sharing such an vital information for preparing campus interview. you have set the base right for the students.

special thanks to pramod & kaustabh !

hope it will help larger students of cma!

once again thanks keep sharing!

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »
I have shared my overall campus experience and experience with WIPRO,Neyveli lignite and ITC at the following link:

hope this will help you to prepare well for your interview
 WIPRO experience:
 http://forum.techshristi.com/icwai/wipro-mumbai-campus-experience/
 Neyveli Lignite Experience:
 http://forum.techshristi.com/icwai/my-campus-experience-at-neyveli-lignite-chennai/

Personalized Interview Tips for CMA
 http://forum.techshristi.com/placement-prepration-corner/some-personalized-interview-tips/

and many more at
http://forum.techshristi.com/icwai/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:09:41 PM by TechShristi »

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18