Techshristi's Forum

Author Topic: CMA 2013 Placement Prepration  (Read 21928 times)

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
CMA 2013 Placement Prepration
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:40 AM »
Hello Friends:

Very Soon result of the CMA final year would declared and every one will be busy with the placement prepration.

So here we have started a special thread to discuss about the CMA placment prepration.

You can post your query over here or else discuss any question over here. We keep on updating this post frequently with some tuff and complex question.

By the time you can also contribute to this, no need of log in, you can also post as guest. but to get a notify as when a new post is made, we advice you to get register and then make a post over here, so that you can get a notification when a new reply is made to this post.

So Friends, r u ready for the Placement? ???

Then start it now..!!!

with regards:
Techshristi Team
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:46:49 AM by TechShristi »

Techshristi's Forum

CMA 2013 Placement Prepration
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:40 AM »

Offline Mr. Patel

• Behind Every Sucessful Business Decision there is always a CMA!
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.techshristi.com/
  • Education: BBA,MBA,CMA
Re: CMA 2013 Placement Prepration
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
Hello Frnds;

I m confused between Cost Center and Cost Objects..[/b]

Can any one explain me the difference between  cost object and cost center?[/size]

Offline Mr. Patel

• Behind Every Sucessful Business Decision there is always a CMA!
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.techshristi.com/
  • Education: BBA,MBA,CMA
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »
Hello Frnds

As we know that Aptitude question is one of the most important topic of any Placement. You can prepare the aptitude question from any good reference book. You can also refer the book of any competitive exam like CAT,GATE etc.

I have started preparing for the Numerical ability from GATE competitive exam materials and here i am sharing the important topic of Numerical ability,I will post the another important topic as soon as i start it:

• BOATS    AND STREAMS
  • Elementary     Mensuration 
  • TRAINS 
  • TIME    AND DISTANCE
  • PROFIT    & LOSS
  • PIPES    AND CISTERNS
  • TIME    AND WORK
  • PARTNERSHIP
  • RATIO    AND PROPORTION
  • AVERAGE    SHORTCUTS
  • PERCENTAGES 
  • SIMPLE    INTEREST & COMPOUND INTEREST
  • Problems    based on ages
  • NUMBER    SYSTEM
  • ELEMENTARY    ALGEBRA
  • FRACTIONS 
  • HCF    & LCM

Friends, please share your query over here and lets prepare for the placement together.

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »

Pramod ICWAI

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Hi, Kaustubh!
As always...... I appreciate your initiative, and concrete contributions.
Good job, and I hope many other fellow-students use this platform.

If you recall, I am not a routine CMA student.  While I am a CMA Student, I am member of the selection panels of some esteemed
Management schools, and of the Banking Selection Board.  I do recruitment for my Corporate clients and am also a Corporate Trainer.  While I would have responded to some of your personal 'anxieties' on Facebook, I suppose many-a-freshly qualifying candidates would have the same anxieties.... and what I suggest here could be helpful to many.

I had written to the Institute under the RTI to get a feel of the placement scene till last year.  As one suspects, most of the campus placements are sponsored by the PSUs.  Corporate link of the Institute probably needs focused nurturing.  I have very little experience with recruitment policies and practices of the PSUs, so I suspect my 'posts' here may not be useful for PSU placements.

So, I will contribute to your initiative.... if there were enough 'anxious' aspirants.
Best wishes!!

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »
Hi, Kaustubh!
As always...... I appreciate your initiative, and concrete contributions.
Good job, and I hope many other fellow-students use this platform.

If you recall, I am not a routine CMA student.  While I am a CMA Student, I am member of the selection panels of some esteemed
Management schools, and of the Banking Selection Board.  I do recruitment for my Corporate clients and am also a Corporate Trainer.  While I would have responded to some of your personal 'anxieties' on Facebook, I suppose many-a-freshly qualifying candidates would have the same anxieties.... and what I suggest here could be helpful to many.

I had written to the Institute under the RTI to get a feel of the placement scene till last year.  As one suspects, most of the campus placements are sponsored by the PSUs.  Corporate link of the Institute probably needs focused nurturing.  I have very little experience with recruitment policies and practices of the PSUs, so I suspect my 'posts' here may not be useful for PSU placements.

So, I will contribute to your initiative.... if there were enough 'anxious' aspirants.
Best wishes!!

Thanks a lots.I wish the same, i will try my best and would share the way i m preparing for my placement.I had already started my preparation with aptitude question and soon going to start with the basic subject - Costing..I will keeping updating the some good question over here as when i came across it.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
CMA Interview Question: Include only Complex question.Simple question like definition are not included.

• What do you mean by Cost objects?
  • What is Cost Drivers?
  • Differentiate between Cost Objects and Cost Center?
  • Why do a firms prefer a Direct Cost rather than Indirect Cost?
  • Give an example of Direct and Variable, Direct and Fixed, Indirect and Variable and Indirect and Fixed Cost.
  • What is 'Relevant Band' in Cost Driver?
  • What do you mean by Inventoriable Cost and Period Cost?
  • Even though the 'Closing Inventory' are shown on the Assets side of the Trading Account, Manufacturing expenses or Factory Overhead are shown as Cost. Why?
  • Overtime Premium Is A Direct Cost Or Indirect Cost?
  • What is the difference between gross margin and contribution margin?
    There are two reasons that the gross margin and the contribution margin, both taken from the income statement are different. First, cost of goods sold can include both fixed and variable costs and the calculation for contribution margin is Sales minus Variable Costs only. Second, if you look at the format of the income statement, you will see that selling and administrative expenses are subtracted out after gross margin is calculated. The contribution margin calculation should include any selling and administrative expenses that are variable costs.
  • Difference between Normal and Actual Absorption Costing?
  • Main Difference between Process V/S Job Costing?
    First, Unlike Job Costing, In Process Costing product move from one process to another process that is 'Work in Progress' Account must be created. Second, in Process Costing, Machinery are automated.Therefore, only two category named as Direct materials and Conversion Cost is created where as in Job Costing there are three categories named as Direct Material,Direct Labour and Direct Expenses.
  • what is the difference between method of costing and technique  of costing ?
  • what is the difference between BOM and Purchase Requisition  ?
  • What do you mean by Inter-Locking of Accounts ?

will update this list and as when i read the other chapters
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:06:35 AM by TechShristi »

Offline Navin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:13:20 PM »
Thanks for this common post @ Kaustubh Patel

Since TCS is one of the top recruiter of the CMA placement.
Please find the attached file for the 70 question pattern of the TCS placement papers and resume of a CMA student to this post.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:36:49 AM by TechShristi »
Navin Vaghela
 MBA

Offline pramodicwai

• Others
  • Education: ICWAI
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »
Hi, guys!
Just to get a factual perspective, I have some campus placement figures (ref: my RTI query).

# Students enrolled for placement   Jun10(1224);  Dec10(1119);  Jun11(584);  Dec11(1659);  Jun12(1584);  Dec12(1077);  Jun13(1106)
# Students placed on Campus         Jun10(87);      Dec10(104);   Jun11(139);  Dec11(113);    Jun12(71);      Dec12(167);   Jun13(NA)
# Single largest employer                Jun10(Coal Ind);  Dec10(BHEL);  Jun11(Coal Ind);  Dec11(Coal Ind);  Jun12(Wipro);  Dec12(Wipro);  Jun13(NA)
# Students placed with largest employer  Jun10(38);  Dec10(32);  Jun11(110);  Dec11(68);  Jun12(35);  Dec12(41);  Jun13(NA)

I am told that EIL, CIL, GAIL, MMTC, NHB, IDBI, IREDA, IRCTC, ONGC, STC, SEBI, NLC, PGI, BEL, Allahabad bank, Exim Bank are the PSUs, and most generally recruit in bulk.  There are Corporates as well, many names, but they typically recruit in single digits.  Wipro had a special drive in 2012, but I am told it was a spike (and not a fresh trend).

It would be safe to average out the enrollment to 1000-1500, of which only 8-15% seem to be securing placement.  Of these about 80%+ are recruited by the PSUs, and 10-25% by the Private Sector.  TCS does feature on campus since Dec '11 but not as a bulk recruiter.  Obviously, my observations are based on whatever the Institute chose to share under the RTI (to my specific questions).  I do not have raw data.

Regards to the Corporate recruitment, as a operating philosophy, Corporates expect the Institutes to certify that the candidates were competent in their 'trade' (Engg / MBA/ CA/ CS/ CMA).  So, questions related to 'costing' would largely be to test waters.... and not to probe any deeper.  Most Corporate recruiters would rely on 'aptitude test', 'English writing proficiency test' and 'group discussion'.  Interviews tend to evaluate your 'personal grooming', 'clarity of thinking', 'extra-curricular-s', 'general awareness', 'financial aptitude' and 'awareness about financial happenings'.  Its more about thinking-on-your-feet than 'preparing' for the interview. 

So, my suggestion is not to get too anxious.  Just be yourself.... and someone-or-else will see your goodness. 

Incidentally, your computer literacy will be of great help for being job-worthy.  Experience with Oracle, SAP, SQL, MS-Access will improve your employ-ability 5-10 times.  If not anything, do a quick course in Tally ERP-9.... wherein you educate yourself with all the ERP-functionality that it offers (and did not provide in earlier versions of Tally). 

I suppose, as a result of the sluggish economy, the campus-recruitment from Management schools / Engg colleges, in general have been slow this year.  I suspect the same will show in our campus placements as well.  So, the competition will be stiff.... and one needs to 'stand out' of the crowd.

Best wishes, again!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:51:31 PM by pramodicwai »

Offline pramodicwai

• Others
  • Education: ICWAI
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
Like I mentioned before, my experience is limited with Corporates.
PSUs have their own ways for 'recruitment'.... and I know nothing first-hand about it.
But, I was never really excited about PSUs.

So, kindly excuse me on that front.
Take your pick!!!!

Offline Navin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
Thank you @ pramodicwai for this useful information.

How to wear a tie professionally:

-- Navin
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:12:44 PM by TechShristi »
Navin Vaghela
 MBA

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18