Techshristi's Forum

Author Topic: Campus Placement June 2017  (Read 8292 times)

Offline TechShristi

• Welclome to Techshristi
  • Administrator
    • techshristi
Re: Campus Placement June 2017
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Sir could you please share important technical topic asked in interview ??
( is there any list company wise based on past experience !!)
it would be great help sir

You will find the technical question asked to me during my campus
https://forum.techshristi.com/icwai/technical-questions-asked-in-campus-interview/

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
Sir, i cleared inter & final exam in very first attemt,
how should i prepare for interview?  is there any aptitude exam? or only technical round?

and what should I prefer, PSU or private sector?

is there any suggestion from you for getting a good job?

thanks for running such a genuine group on CMA placement.

1. You will get shortlisted by all companies.

2. As far as salary and profile are concerned both Private and PSU are best. PSU companies are at par in offering a salary. I remember, during my campus in 2014, Neyveli Lignite was offering a package of 13 lakhs pa.
But there is one thing which is making them different from each other and that is 'Job Location'. Yes, Job location provided by PSU companies like Coal India or Neyveli Lignite is really bad.
Coal India will recruit you for the Jharkhand where as Neyveli Lignite recruit you for the Pondicherry
Two of my friends left the job from Coal India and Hindustan Zinc. Just because of Job Location.

3.Refer my all post about 'Campus Placement' in this Forum. It includes everything.

Harshit

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 12:14:16 AM »
Sir i have mentioned my CA articleship experience in the CV uploded on the portal , will this harm my chances of getting shortlisted in companies?
( i have passed CWA in first attempt and have selected campus as mumbai )

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 12:14:16 AM »

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
Sir i have mentioned my CA articleship experience in the CV uploded on the portal , will this harm my chances of getting shortlisted in companies?
( i have passed CWA in first attempt and have selected campus as mumbai )

Yes it will impact in below manner

1. Assuming you have completed your CA
If you have completed your CA then company will not hire you saying you are over qualified or we will not able to pay you as per your expectation. Chances for this case is very low.

2. Assuming you are doing CA
If you are doing CA then companies looking for permanent employee will not hire you. They will think you will left the company once you finished with your CA.

How to deal with this?
During Interview they will ask you about your CA. So tell them clearly that Job is your priority and you are doing CA in your free time. You are in need of job.
You will not continue or not sure about continuing your CA after getting job.
So just just pertain as if you are very serious about your Job not in completing CA.

Hope it is cleared now, feel free to contact us if you still have any queries.

At last, request you to please share this post with your friends and ask them to participate. Without Participation this will be not helpful.

Since you are qualified CMA, as a contribution we request you to please share some tips with us in this forum. If you are not able to share in this forum then you can also emailed your article or tips on [email protected].
We will post on behalf of you.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 09:54:04 AM »
L&T Construction has confirmed that they are coming to the campus at all Location. So, Friends Starting Preparing for the L&T from today only. All the Best

Harshit

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »
Why mumbai campus has only one company right now as compared to other campus??

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »

First of all sorry for the late reply. I was on Holiday at my Village and could not able to check your post due to a network problem.
Now coming to your query

Yes, you are right. Only one company is coming for the Mumbai. Below, i am trying to answer your question

Campus Fees are Paid Location Wise

First, Companies coming to the campus are required to pay a certain amount of money for the location they have selected. So, it is obvious they will not come to Mumbai if they find it costlier.
If any one location is enough for their requirement then what is the needs of spending money on all four locations?

Companies will do not come to Mumbai because they will not get the quality they are looking for?

Based on my personal experience I had found that WIRC students are far lacking behind in communication skills.

In short, Campus is not free for the companies, they need to pay a certain amount per location. So, they will select only those location which full fills their requirement.

Second, the campus date of Mumbai is 13th October, so still there is enough time for companies to take a decision. Usually, the list gets updated two days before the campus.

If a company went to campus at Chennai, do not find the suitable candidates for the position then they can apply for the another location and can come to Mumbai for it.

I hope the query is cleared now. If not please reply, I will try to answer in details tomorrow. Right now, in train and can't write it properly.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »

So, wait the list will get updated two days before the campus. Further, companies will definitely come to Mumbai if they did not find the suitable candidate at the previous position.

Mohit jain

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »
I have cleared my CMA final in 1st attempt and CMA intermediate 2nd group in 3 attempts.
I have selected Mumbai for campus placement.
I have not been shortlisted by ITC and Vedanta. Are there any chances of being shortlisted by another company.
I have also cleared my CS and CA final 2nd group.

And one of my friend who is Merit holder in CMA final and CA too is also not shortlisted.

Offline TechShristi

• Administrator
    • techshristi
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:06 AM »
I have cleared my CMA final in 1st attempt and CMA intermediate 2nd group in 3 attempts.
I have selected Mumbai for campus placement.
I have not been shortlisted by ITC and Vedanta. Are there any chances of being shortlisted by another company.
I have also cleared my CS and CA final 2nd group.

And one of my friend who is Merit holder in CMA final and CA too is also not shortlisted.

First of all sorry for the late reply. I was busy with the Q2 Closing in my company.

Now coming to your answer. You will get shortlisted by the other companies but the chances are very low. ITC and Vendata have not shortlisted you because they generally shortlist the student with the first attempt.
But don't 'First Attempt' is not a thumb rule for the selection. Companies like Wipro select the students with more than one attempt and the private limited companies to select all the students ( no matter they cleared the CMA in how many attempts)
So, you will surely get selected by the other companies. But this shortlisting will be done a day before the campus.

Regrading your friends, to be frank it is very difficult to say why he did not got select. May be he is CA, therefore he did not got selected. Companies do not shortlist the students who are over qualified for the position.  Your friend is CA and CMA both, so he can negoiate  for the salary can ask for the salary offered to CA students. This may be the reason fo not selecting your friend.

So for my bad english, i m in hurry to go to office. If you did not understand my reply, please reply here. I will write it in details once i m back from office tonight. Bye

Techshristi's Forum

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:06 AM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18