Notification N0.1-CA(7)/145/2012.- dated 23/02/2012
Graduate, CS or CWA may directly register for ca inter and articleship without CA-CPT i.e. CA-CPT will be exempted.
Detailed Information :-
1. Graduate / Post Graduate students are exempted from CPT
i) graduate or post graduate in commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of fifty-five per cent. of the total marksor its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by anyrecognised University (including Open University) by studying any three papers of 100 marks each out of
- Mercantile Law
- Corporate Law
- Management (including Financial Management)
- Taxation (including DT & IDT)
- Business Administration / Management Accounting
ii) graduates or post graduates other than those referred to in clause (i), having secured in aggregate a minimum of sixty per cent. of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognised University (including Open University)
2. CS Inter / CWA inter cleared students are eligible for exemption from CPT.
3. CA-CPT IS ALSO NAMED AS CA-CPC.
4. CA - IPCC/IPCE/PCC/PCE is named as CA Intermediate Course.
5. CPT passing criteria : 30% in each subject & 50% in aggregate.
but be careful :---
it is just a draft now. at present it has not come into force, but it will be TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION after 45 days from 23/02/2012 i.e. after publication in official gazette.
So, this benefit will be taken soon publicly by such eligible candidates seeking for a good opportunity as a well qualified CA degree.